Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm just a snob, reviewing some album...

So, the Shins new album...not many people have given it outstanding reviews. But personally, there are quite a few reasons why I like it. Mostly, I make that statement because of one line in 'Girl Sailor,' "You've made it through the direst of straits alright, can you help it if plain love now seems less interesting?"
That in a nutshell describes how I feel lately. When you've been in love with someone who is completely crazy, strange, non-commital, needy and extremely emotionally unstable, liking a normal guy suddenly becomes really hard. Your mind can't understand someone sane. What? there's no games, no guessing?? All the sudden plain love just seems less interesting. woah, unbelievable.
So at least I finally pin pointed what it was. In the end, when its true, plain love will be enough. John Lennon was right, "All you need is love."

3 comments:

David said...

Oh wow! This is totally me. Exactly. I hate it sometimes.

ps--Hi Rachel. I need to email you the song that I recorded of you and Nate.

an illdressed foolishwise said...

Ummm.. Rachel.. I read this book called "Women who love too much" I dont know if I told you about it, but it deals with EXACTLY what you just said. It says that some women (and I am sure people in general) get addicted to the rollercoaster that is loving those kind of unstable guys.. urg.. at least we can know we are not alone in that :).. all you need is love, and I pretty much love your little gut-a-roonies!

meredith said...

Rachel, I have met you once or twice and stumbled upon your blog. I just wanted to thank you for your post. That's it.