Saturday, February 07, 2009

pleasantville.

Life is beautiful. Today I got two free couches and one little suitcase, spent all day with a new friend, took a shower, drove my brother's truck everywhere, listened to Bishop Allen's "Corazon" and now I am getting ready to go to the symphony.
Grad school is still very amazing. This week I met with Skeffington Thomas. He is a famous ceramic artist who came to lecture at BYU. He met with me in my studio for a half hour and critiqued my work and gave me ideas on how to make my work more individual and strong, design-wise. It was wonderful to be able to talk to a potter about my pottery. He was so encouraging and complimentary. Now I feel so excited to just keep making more and more and more work.
I can't say enough times how fun and amazing my life is. Here's some of my unglazed work from this semester:

6 comments:

an illdressed foolishwise said...

teach me your songs, corazon!!

Giandrea said...

ooooOooo. I love the ones on the bottom with the cut out... Definitely my fave.

Unknown said...

oh wow! those are so lovely! and so are you.

Patricia said...

goodness! i love these. esp the ones on the bottom. i wish i was in p to see them in person. and you.

Aaron said...

More and more and more! i like that idea because then I get to keep some of them. Love it. and you! loves!

mandy dominici said...

LoVE tHEm!