Monday, August 02, 2010
best life ever.
This is the soundtrack for the best life ever.
I don't even know where to begin. My life is amazing. On Saturday I arrived in Copenhagen. I sat for a bit in the airport because I wasn't sure what to do and I was so tired. I decided to just take the train to Skaelskor, the town where I am staying, and explore Copenhagen another day. So I hopped the train, not knowing exactly where to sit or if I was on the right train. I eventually found my seat, but also found someone in my seat. I asked the woman if that was her seat and she moved immediately. Then I heard her talking to her friends in Spanish about she hadn't reserved a seat. They were from Spain so I began to speak Spanish with her. It was such a relief to be speaking a language that I knew.
On the flight over the whole plane was filled with Danish chatting. I sat next to a grad student who was going to study International Business for 3 weeks. He is from San Francisco and his mother is Swedish so he had been to Denmark a few times. We definitely felt like the minority.
No one from the office was in when I arrived at the center because it was a Saturday. But I met a few of the artists that were in the kitchen. Barbara and Pauline are from Germany (Pauline left today, Barbara leaves this next week), Sten is from Denmark, Anne is from France and Hikaru is from Japan. Today I met Richard and Katrine who work in the office. Katrine works two days a week and lives in Copenhagen. She writes music on her off time and has promised to take me to the smaller venues where I can see local bands play. oh so fun.
Today a new artist, Marc, arrived from France. He is 25 and seems very nice. I am glad he is staying for a month. So I am practicing my French as well as studying Danish. Anne and I are determined to learn.
I took a long walk today to the Thrift store. It smells the same here as it does in the states. I bought a hair dryer for my hair and also for the clay. Dual-purpose. Also I passed a bakery and stopped in to buy a true Danish. It was delicious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ari and I are going to live vicariously through you while you are there.
sounds lovely lovely lovely
i don't even know what to say. i just wanted you to know that i had read this fun post.
um, jealousy overload???? your life sounds exquisite, and it makes me smile from here to there.
pictures!!!!
Post a Comment