Good news! I have been wanting to see Mark Kozelek play a live show again (since the first time I saw him in 2005) but we are never in the same place at the same time. He is either touring in Europe when I'm in the states or he's playing on the east coast when I'm on the west. So when I saw on his website a couple weeks back that he would be playing in New Brunswick in Feb 2012, I thought, "Imma make a roadtrip up there and call it my birthday present/weekend!" The past two years I have given myself a trip to San Francisco, so this year I decided to go to Canada. Turns out this local Fredericton band holds a winter singer/song writer festival and Mark Kozelek was a headliner. I imagined driving through New Hampshire and Maine with the snow drifts on the side of the highway, staying in a bed & breakfast and enjoying hot tea and cocoa while watching the show at the Cathedral where it was scheduled. However, I also realized I could pay $50 for a weekend festival ticket and be snowed in!?! I have absolutely no certain way to tell that I will be able to make it on those winding roads all the way to New Brunswick in the middle of winter! I solicited friends' help to solve this quandary, but no one could tell me if there would be a blizzard that weekend. See photo:

Two days ago, I was thinking about this and looked at Sun Kil Moon's website again. I saw that a new show date had been added. What to my surprise!!! He is playing a few days before the Canada show in Cambridge, Massachusetts!! Just a block away from where I go to church every week at the First Church Congregational on Garden St. I was school-girl giddy, srsly. I set a reminder in my phone to buy a ticket the very day they are available and if it's bad weather, I can just take the train.
I can't wait until winter! (never thought I'd say those words)

1 comment:
Ha ha! I'm so glad you found something to make winter sound like fun.
Post a Comment