Wednesday, October 18, 2006

please for the love of life, wear a helmet.

Today as I rode my bike to school I witnessed an accident. I think I went into shock even though I was a whole car lane away. Here's the scoop. I was in the bike lane...looking behind to see if there were cars so I could cross and go up the hill to campus...well there was a silver truck so I let them pass. When I looked forward the truck had gone to make a left turn and hit a motorcycle that was going straight. The motorcyclist flew off the bike and hit the truck, the ground and eventually ended up wedged into the side of the truck. He was just like a rag doll flopping around and then finally landed and started screaming from the pain and shock. I just went to class. There was really nothing I could do but watch and wait for the ambulance and as I rode away I heard the sirens. It was a surreal experience and has helped me be a very cautious driver all of today and I hope for all of the rest of my life. I hate car accidents...they are always a unwelcome surprise that cause soooo many problems.
On a better note, I think I joined a discussion group where we talk about things. Tonight was the first night and I loved it. We discussed some questions that this Protestant minister had put on a questionnaire that he had taken to Mormons and Baptists all over the country. It was very interesting. We all wrote manifestos. I liked this one guys about renouncing being a homo-sapien...instead he said we should be eco-sapiens. well, ok.

No comments: