Thursday, December 28, 2006

I could never complain...

I have to say that I have an amazing life. I am very grateful. I love people watching, especially because it helps me realize that people need help and that's why we are all here together, to help each other. Life really would be no fun. In Jonathan Safran Foer's book 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close,' Oskar, the main character has this idea that we should just have limousines that were so incredibly long they would start at your mom's womb and end at your mausoleum, it would be as long as your life...I thought about just walking through a limo alone and am even more grateful for people who make life so interesting!! PS its a really amazing book!! get it, read it!
Christmas was extraordinary! I made all my presents! And I think I received a grand total of 5 presents. I think it was the best Christmas ever. My parents have helped me so much this year, I told them not to buy me anything and the other small things from my siblings were things I really needed and appreciated ('Everything is Illuminated'-the book, a bell for my bike, a pair of shoes I picked out at Thanksgiving, a battery for my car clicker) Then my parents planned this big service project where they wrapped up all the supplies for hygiene kits and we all assembled them. It was a great Christmas activity!!!
Plus we started Christmas off with a, hopefully, new tradition...the morning jog. I kind of wanted to open presents, fresh outta bed, just because I am accustomed to that, but it was fun to go for a family jog and then open presents. The family that sweats together, stays together. Heres a photo from the jogging: Merry Christmas from the VANS!!