Have any of you read Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead? Whenever I think of fingernails I think of this scene:
Rosencrantz: Another curious scientific phenomenon is the fact that the fingernails grow after death, as does the beard.
Guildenstern: What?
Rosencrantz: Beard.
Guildenstern: But you're not dead.
Rosencrantz: I didn't say they only started to grow after death. The fingernails also grow before birth - though not the beard.
Guildenstern: What?
Rosencrantz: BEARD! What's the matter with you?
[pause]
Rosencrantz: The toenails, on the other hand, never grow at all.
Guildenstern: The toenails on the other FOOT never grow at all.
Rosencrantz: ...no.
I always wish that mine never grew at all too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I find it entertaining that you should just have been thinking about your fingernails as I and our cute Aunt were thinking about your fingernails last night. I was saying how the reason I keep mine long is that it ends up being so much less work than keeping them short...and I meantioned you who have always kept yours short for ceramics and all. Hm.
And I have seen Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. Totally liked it. So entertaining, clever, and somewhat sobering.
I was just thinking about fingernails this very morning. "geez... i JUST clipped you guys" and if I don't gian is always whining about how I shape mine by cutting straight across. When they grow out apparently they produce a very sharp corner that always seems to injure his delicate skin. poor guy.In fact, I'm going to cut mine now.
I LOVE this show!! I saw it at BYU this year.. the experamental theatre club did it.. fun fun.. and FUNNY!
Um, I love your face!
Post a Comment