Sunday, November 18, 2007

sad news turned glad news.

Just on Thursday night I was heading to my room. I turned off all the living room lights and was walking in the dark, feeling my way. I decided to slide open my phone to get a little light for the pathway and it slid right out of my hand. I looked around for it in the dark and saw lit up numbers. I wondered in my head why I could only see the numbers and not the screen that is usually right above the numbers. Quickly I turned on the light and to my dismay I saw my 4 month old phone in two pieces!!
I wanted to cry. Just earlier in the evening I sold a bike on craig's list and was feeling pretty rich but knew I would have to spend that cash on a new phone. bummer.
The next day I went to T-mobile and thought for a second about lying to the guy to try and get the warranty to pay for it. "I mean I just slid it up to text and it just kept sliding...." But then realized, A). there was no good alibi and B). I am bad at lying. Luckily I found just the right phone and I am so happy!!!

It is just a phone. None of this music player/phone/day planner/life runner gadget for me. I am happy that it is simple. Anyway. It turned out better than I thought it would and didn't make me feel any poorer. I was still rich enough to go to the new H&M here in town the next night. WOOT!

3 comments:

an illdressed foolishwise said...

ohhhh i wanna go to H&M!!

what bike did you sell?

vantastic said...

I sold a road bike that I wasn't to into. shhhh don't tell anyone though. Because I just bought it. Yes! Go to H&M when you are in town. Its at Town Square...that new outdoor/awesome mall by Fry's. You will love it, almost as much as I love you.

Jacki said...

Rachel - how I have missed you. I just got the phone that you have pictured as broken. Now I am scared I will break it. Also, Kelsey's husband dug up remnants of our old webpage on some archive site. It is amazing.