Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FB stands for "Too Much Information"


I took this picture in Spain at a costume contest parade. I really want to be the solar system for Halloween. We will have a sun in the middle and all the other planets will circle around him/her. Then Pluto will be this nerd outcast who keeps trying to join our awesome solar group, but we don't let him/her. funny.
I think my favorite topic of conversation these days is Halloween costume ideas. It reminds me of one year where Rob and Gian talked for probably 3 hours straight on this theme. Andrea and I just sat and laughed and laughed. They came up with the funniest things ever. That year Stefan (Hi, Stefan) was a French bumblebee. Amber and I were Siamese twin ghosts. Every year I love dressing up, more and more. Maybe I just like to make costumes. That part is fun.
I am trying to ween myself off of FB (facebook). Mostly, I just don't like how you can see soooooo much of everyone's life. Tonight I went to this "painting party". Everyone was talking FB this and FB that. I guess that's just the way undergraduates work these days. Grad students usually just use the phone. ha. We think real-reality kicks virtual-reality's bum. TOE UP!!!
So there you go, besides all that, I am trying to get into some craft/art shows to be able to sell stuff. Hopefully the world/Provo likes my art. I have been in the studio everyday for the past two weeks all day long. I love love love ceramics, if anyone was wondering. And right now I love love love going to sleep.

9 comments:

Camille said...

Hey again Rachel. I don't know what/who your market is for your art, but you could be a vendor at the Sego Festival for only $45? I need to see you in life.

an illdressed foolishwise said...

Oh my!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE you!!!

kelsey said...

hello, what ARE you going to be for Halloween? Oh I love Halloween.

Giandrea said...

i remember that dinner. It WAS funny. I'm into the solar system. I call Saturn!

Jamela said...

So when is your super cool halloween idea list going to be posted. Those of us less creative people need some help!!! Last year we were all peter pan, thanks to your wendy, and now we have nothing! Love ya. J

Hannah Stayner said...

give me ideas for Smith!! I have been thinking for months now of a great costume for my little munchkin and Im stumped...

it needs to be REALLY funny. keep in mind he is 6 mo. old. sitting, but not walking... I will wait for your response.

vantastic said...

jewkes...my friend suggested a baby gollum and I was thinking that a pterodactyl would be awesome. Why they are both green and creepy, I don't know....maybe that is hip this year.
I still don't know what I will be. I was a shark last year and it went well...maybe I will resort to that.
Jamie...hmmmm what could you do with your kids? We will brainstorm at Adrian's bridal shower.

Hannah Stayner said...

gollum would be funny but I have no clue how to pull it off...I have been leaning towards making him "hannah's little banana" and just making him hang out in a banana costume.

vantastic said...

That is a great idea too! sooooo cute. plus easy. and thats what we all love!! I need to see you sometime!!!