But I do mind when my car breaks down.
After loading and starting the kiln last night I went out into the snow to go home. My car struggled to start, and sometimes it doesn't like the cold, so I wasn't surprised. But I didn't know what to do because it would start up for a second and I could drive about a block and then it would die, the anti-lock brake system would turn off and I would have to slam on the emergency break, put it into park and restart the engine. I did this about 4 times as I drove down the street and decided to roll into a gas station to figure things out. The gas needle was on "empty" but the gas light hadn't come on yet, so I figured I was ok. However, when I filled up the tank, that usually takes 16 gallons, I found that my car needed 19 GALLONS! Then it started right up and I haven't had any problems. I was out of gas!!! WOah. I never would have guessed that that is how it reacts if your car is out of gas. That was the first time that has happened to me. Now I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ok, this story made me laugh really hard out loud and Gian was looking at me really surprised. So I read it to him. I think from my reaction he was expecting something more... I ended up feeling silly. In the end he thought it was funny too. Just not as much as me. I hate when that happens but I just really LOVED this story.
I too laughed so so hard. I could totally picture you every moment. How nice of your car to keep trying. He must love you so so much.
Post a Comment