Friday, August 21, 2009

It's Chris O'Clock.

Last week I received a text from a guy named Chris Crosby, he had heard of my sewing skillz and needed some things sewn so we set an appointment for a fitting, Tuesday at 6 o'clock. Then a friend of mine Chris Nielsen needed me to fix his pants before he went out of town, I scheduled with him for Tuesday at noon. On Monday night my old friend Chris Allen texted me that he was in town and wanted to know if we could see each other, how about Tuesday at 6pm? We decided to make dinner together. I figured I would just fit Chris Crosby and then be able to make dinner with Chris Allen.
So Tuesday rolled around and Chris Nielsen couldn't make the noon appointment and I gave him option two, "How's 6 o'clock?" I might as well fit everyone at the same time.
I sat back and laughed. I was going to have 3 Chris' at my house at 6 o'clock!
I started to prep for dinner and decided to invite my friends Janna and Meg. I had just bought some yellow curry paste and had a ton of vegetables from my parents garden that I wanted to use.
So at 6, with the curry simmering, Chris Crosby showed up and I fitted him, Chris Allen came to help make dinner, Janna and Meg came with their brother Christian (who we call Chris!!) and Chris Nielsen stood me up. I invited Chris Crosby to join us for dinner and we set up a table outside on the lawn.
It was a delightful dinner party. I just kept laughing! All the guys at my house that day were named Chris. Midway through dinner my roommate Rachel came home with her fiancee. I almost fell off my seat when I remembered that his name was Chris TOO!
Maybe I should record this moment for the Guinness Book of World Records, "Most Chris' at a Dinner Party."
6 o'clock was more like Chris o'clock.

4 comments:

Giandrea said...

that's pretty good. by the way I'm thinking about changing my name to Chris.

Patricia said...

i'm so jealous about your dinner party. i've been trying to think of all the multiple names that i know. but i think those kind of things have to unplanned. and you have to be rachel. maybe one day...

Jamela said...

That is so funny! Thanks for sharing your fun day. And MMMMMM I want curry with veggies from parents garden!

Polly said...

what a funny story about Chris. I don't know I even know that many Chris :)

p.s. curry sounds yummy!