So I used to play the guitar constantly (about 10-15 years ago), but when I moved out east I didn't even think about bringing my guitar. I mean, it had been at least a year since I even picked one up (I lie). However, there was only so much valuable cargo space in my car for the drive and I figured I wouldn't want or need one.
But the first week I was here I suddenly had this urge/craving to play guitar. I knew it was a constant that I needed to calm my nerves and let me release from all the unfamiliar activities that filled my time.
Luckily, I found out this week that my roommate has a guitar! It was just tucked in her closet collecting dust. So I asked to borrow it and have been singing and playing like I was a sophomore in college again.
My new favorite thing is to put on my pajamas, wash off all my make-up, brush my teeth and record myself playing songs. Its like I'm playing a podcast lullaby--now if I was only brave enough to post this somewhere people actually look! ha. Enjoy this little folk song and goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I was just looking at a picture from Norman J. Fitch's funeral and I was trying to remember the song you'd made up for it. Oh the good old days...
Oh that sweet voice brings back memories of my homesick days as an oro in durazno. I miss your face!/voice!
Do me a favor one day and record killing me softly. I know the ortiz family would LOVE it. You could send em a link.
Beautiful. Beautiful voice, beautiful face. More more more!!!
Norman Rockewell Fitch swam in to our lives...
I don't think I can remember the rest BUT
1. You are beautiful.
2. Remember when you would hide in my room every single night and scare me every single night? Oh man, I bet it would still work.
3. I enjoyed hearing you sing and play.
I loved listening to you scare Camille every night from across the hall! Ha!
How vulnerable you were putting that on your blog and yet we are so glad you did. What a great song. I don't think we were singing songs with that much soul sophomore year. Ha.xoxo you are great.
I love all you friends! Our memories make the best stories. Thanks for reminding me.
Here's the lyrics that Camille and I made up for Norman. We were so clever! I'm typing this out for posterity's sake.
Norman Rockwell Fitch swam into our lives
Like he swam to his death in a deep sea dive
He went down in search of great treasure
But he never came up to our displeasure
Your scales were so pretty, all purple-ish blue
Gonna miss you a lot little Normie Poo
Norman Fitch, with the silent J.
Livin life real slow, yeah day by day
Many times came close to death but you still lived on
Now your swimming in our hearts while we sing this song
Your scales were so pretty, all purple-ish blue
Gonna miss you a lot little Normie Poo
We'll try to survive without you.
Treasure chest or not its a catch 22
We'll always remember how fun it's been.
Now you prolly got a girl up in Fish Heaven.
You scales were so pretty, all purple-ish blue
Gonna miss you a lot little Normie Poo
Post a Comment