I post the 2nd edition of bedtime boredom. Enjoy.
I have a lot of great projects in the works here in Worcester. I am applying for a grant from the Massachusetts Arts Council for an art project that I am developing with Girls Inc. Girls Inc. is like Girls and Boys Club, but only for Girls. I found out about their organization because, actually, I live next door. A few weeks ago, I thought of this project and walked next door and proposed it. They were so excited and kept saying they could have never imagined such a wonderful opportunity to walk through the door. I told them I would get the grant and also that I wanted to volunteer in other capacities and they have put me right to work.
They are in the process of updating their Science and Technology program and have a new room dedicated especially for those subjects. They were thinking about painting a solar system on the wall and since I love outer space so much they asked if I would paint the mural. I said, "Of, course." But also suggested they could be more abstract by just painting, for example, the rings of Saturn? A couple of years ago I had seen this picture of the rings and thought it was incredible.

So today I started drawing out all the lines and painting dark purple universe on the other walls. Every day this week I will go in and work on the mural and I hope to finish it by the end of the week. I forgot to take pictures today, but promise to not be so forgetful in days to come. I'm really grateful for the experience and the opportunity I have to share my talents to bless the lives of others in my community.

1 comment:
I love your song. I listened to it a few times. You are so cute and I love how you sing!
Post a Comment