Camping was amazing. New Hampshire is beautiful and we spent the time getting to know one another through kayaking, swimming in the lake, yoga, pretend cafe rio salads and service projects. Everyone I spoke with was smart and interesting. All their stories were wonderful and their vocabulary astounding. My most memorable experience* was sitting on the dock, talking with friends about how I wish I always could love and how it is so hard to be vulnerable. We are constantly fighting that feeling of insecurity. Today one of those friends passed on this amazing video.
I hope we can all be kinder and gentler to ourselves and those around us. Namaste.
*Another memorable experience--a person I barely know paid me a most thoughtful compliment. I was so impressed with the sincerity, honesty and openness with which it was shared. I admire those qualities and hope that I can be more open with compliments, generous with praise and more loving to all those I meet on a daily basis. Let's love and uplift without thinking of the consequences, having gratitude for the opportunity we have to live and feel vulnerable. I'm srsly embracing the hell out of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
this is amazing - i'm going to blog about this today! stay tuned!
cakehats.blogspot.com
Love love love you.
Ok, I just watched the video, and it is super duper great. That's like exactly what I found and the change I made that started making me love my life so much more. Have I ever told you that? I actually would "practice" being vulnerable and just accepting whatever may come. Like instead of being scary it became a matter-of-fact and just part of the process. When I stopped being scared of negative reactions, I started having so many more positive ones.
"You are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging."
So so great.
Post a Comment