Peter (my studiomate and fellow artist in residence) and I went to the movies the other night. It was his first time sneaking in popcorn. I was shocked. I really wonder how he made it through college without that experience. Since I'm an old hand, I showed him the ropes.
We went to Target and got the Popcorn/Soda combo and soooo much candy. Luckily he had a big bag and I stuffed everything in there and walked gingerly through the doors. We went to see Midnight in Paris. I usually am not that taken with Woody Allen films, but this one I adored. It helps that Paris, in my opinion, is the most beautiful city in the world. We found a cheap theater in West Boylston. It was only $5 for the movie at night and $3 on Tuesdays. We decided that would be our movie theater. Its only 10 minutes away from Worcester and they show pretty new movies there. Cool, right?
Yesterday I taught my first workshop at the Center. It was called "Howling Clay" and was a hand-building workshop on making hollow bodied animals. Three people signed up, but only two were able to make it. I was happy to have so few, because it was my first time teaching there and I still feel a little out of place. I was running around trying to find tools and necessities the whole time. One woman made her cat and the other woman made an owl. We worked for 4 hours together and I think the animals turned out pretty well for two people who had never worked in clay before.
After the workshop I went to the RS general broadcast. The ward here in Worcester had a dinner beforehand where we switched seats every course and were able to talk to a lot of people. I met two woman from Central America and we became friends. They are in the family ward that I am zoned for. One of them is from El Salvador and her friend (from Guatemala) told me she makes the best pupusas ever! I think I need to be the judge of that. I told them I was dying to eat pupusas and we decided to get together on Oct 8th to have a pupusa party! I really can't wait. Besides all my friends and family, El Mexsal is top on my list of things I miss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I approve. OF EVERYTHING. I can't wait for the report on the papusas, and I can't wait to visit you!
Looks like the easters you into a blogger and it looks like a baby made me into a early morning commentor. I love reading all of this. I love that you are DOing all of this. And I hope you keep being bored at bedtime. I'm crossing my fingers for the grant.
Hey, aren't you supposed to be being a good example? Really, sneaking in popcorn! I just never told my kids you weren't supposed to. :)
Post a Comment