Sunday, October 16, 2011

People are really great-Happy Halloween


Yesterday I spent the day having fun, by myself. I carved a pumpkin, baked a couple pumpkin pies, watched a movie, cut my hair, made some salsa and went to Savers. Since I moved, and don't have a real job, I've been trying to be really frugal. But last night I was so bored and really wanted to go walk around somewhere. So I made the frugal decision to go to Savers...I mean, I could've gone to Nordstrom. I haven't bought new clothes for a while now--2 months? That's a new record. I had so much fun perusing all the merchandise! I had a shopping cart full of crazy clothes and there is no dressing room limit at this Savers. Yes!

Last weekend when I went to Maine with my friend Jennie (see photo), we were driving in Portland and passed a little boutique with leather backpacks in the window sill. I almost made her stop so I could go in and buy one...but we couldn't find a parking spot (we even circled around once). Also I felt it wouldn't be wise for me to go in, since I would want to buy it (I've wanted a leather backpack since I lived in Spain 3 years ago!) and it would probably cost some exorbitant amount of money.
It was a wise decision, but I was a little saddened that the joy of owning a leather backpack once again evaded my grasp.
However! Last night at Savers I FOUND ONE! Exciting, right? Here's a photo.
Its better than I ever could have imagined and it was only $17. Totally within my budget.


I had a good time yesterday, but I'm reaching that point in my travels (that I always reach around 1-2 months) of craving for real conversation with people who know me well. I remember feeling the same way when I was in Denmark last year.

Friends mean so much to me and I am so grateful to all my friends who answer the phone whenever I call and spend hours talking to me. It makes this place feel a little bit more like home. That, and a Jack-o-lantern on the front porch. CHECK!

4 comments:

kirst said...

CUTE bag! you got good karma girl :)

Claire Bagley Hayes said...

YOU are brave to take scissors to your own hair. I most definitely wouldn't trust myself.

vantastic said...

ha. brave or very bored. :)

dolly d. said...

Wow! Look at your amazing powers of manifestation. ;)