Sunday, April 22, 2007

audi-whatey?

I just saw a sign that said, "Private Cul-de-sac, residents and guests only." What a funny word. I wondered why we would use something that meant bottom of a sack to name this type of urban planning. Then I remember back to the cul-de-sac where I lived growing up. And how I used to think it was called a cultasack. Here it is. Ahhh, the good ol days. Lately, I am having a struggle with growing up. I just don't want to do it. I want to swim everyday this summer and play capture the flag at night with Katie, Ben, Teryn, Brittany, Jake, Travis, and Rob.

6 comments:

cropstar said...

when I was learning french I looked up the literal translation of cul-de-sac. "cul" is french for 'ass'... like the bad word. so now all I can ever think of when I hear/see the word cul-de-sac is "ass of a bag".
Hope I didn't just ruin that for you.

dolly d. said...

Yeah, growing up isn't always fun. It always turns out alright, though, especially when you are so cool. :)

vantastic said...

remember how I really want to learn french. Thanks for helping me Christy!

Anonymous said...

people who live on cultasacks are members of various cults! i live on a cultasack just like you! except we shave our heads and worship cabbage.

what kind of things does your cult do?

Danielle said...

Growing up is great Rach! Especially the making money and having your own place and having a hot husband parts. :)

an illdressed foolishwise said...

"everybody knows.. it hurts to grow up!! everybody does, So weird to be back here, let me tell you why! The years go by and we're still fighting it, we're still fighting it! And your so much like me, I'm sorry.." We just gunna keep fighting it.