Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Miss Mom

My sister and her husband went to Hawaii. So I am here in Vegas tending their children for the remaining days of their vacation. Being a mom is the craziest thing ever. I can't believe how hard it is!?!. I can't believe how so many people do this?!? You never get a rest, you never get a vacation. If you are tired it doesn't matter. They will poke you in the eye, put chapstick on your lips and forehead and hang beads from your nose.
Today, we had a lot of fun though. We went to the new DI that they just built up on the North side of town. I loved being able to buy them anything...because everything they picked up costed 50 cents. I felt like the best Aunt ever!! I bought Kenna a pink hat, a pink purse, a couple of toys and some red sparkley shoes, just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. She put them on this afternoon and then she couldn't stop looking down at her feet. It was adorable. I wish I could have a picture of her bent over checking out her shoes.
Hopefully I have won over some young impressionable minds to the ways of thrift store shopping. You can feel like a millionaire!!

4 comments:

an illdressed foolishwise said...

That's it, Rachel, BUY their love, that is what I try to do!! HAHA!!

I know you are the best aunt/mom ever but you need to just come back to Provo now... (bring the girls-they'll LOVE it!)

Mikey, Randi, and Gracie said...

Ummm, Rachel, this is Randi. I read your blog. And guess what? I have a niece named Kenna who I bought dorothy slippers for. Are we related?

vantastic said...

confession...I also read your blog Randi! I would love it if we could be related...and if they sold those red sparkly shoes in our size.

Danielle said...

I had to watch Pete for a weekend once when Jess and Dave were out of town, and let me tell you... what a handful! What is it with kids just wanting to play all day long... don't they know people have stuff to do! Didn't get one bit of studying or homework done that weekend. We did get a lot of swimming, "basketball", and cartoon watching done that weekend.