Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My favorite holiday....

Some would say Christmas. Which is enjoyable, yes. But, my favorite is April Fool's Day. In Uruguay they had a type of April Fool's Day. I can't remember the actual date (maybe Dec 28th), but it was called "El Dia De Los Inocentes" or "The Day of The Innocent People" Whenever anyone tricks you, instead of saying "April fools!!" they say "que la inocencia te valga!" or "may innocence always be with you."
I like looking at it like that. I am pulling pranks to show how innocent and wonderful all my friends/family members are. I love being innocent. I think everyone should, really.




Here's a picture I just found of my sister, me and my brother with our Christmas beads that I made out of garland. I like it.

4 comments:

an illdressed foolishwise said...

i pulled a trick on my parents and the 1st graders.. i told them all i was getting married and i wore a ring.. my parents freaked.. the 1st graders didnt really care. HEee hee los inocentes!

Jamela said...

So what were your tricks this year?????

dolly d. said...

Yeah, I'm wondering too. I'm not so good at thinking up pranks, but I always think of you on April Fools and hope you are having a blast.

vantastic said...

I didn't end up doing any amazing pranks on the kids. I thought of two really good ones, then decided I might get in trouble with administration. So I just told them lies and then said April Fools!! It wasn't my most productive year, but still fun!