being part of a community is really great. There is part of me that wants to go out and do amazing things, learning and traveling. I would love to experience different cultures first hand, struggle and serve. But most of me, right now, just wants to settle down in a house and get to know my neighbors, see them on bike rides and talk to them about the plants in their front yard.
I am moving this week to the guest house in my parents back yard. It is so great. I will have a big art studio upstairs in the loft with wood floors, a couch, a big table and a sink. I bought an easel last week and have been painting/collaging a lot lately.
So, for a while I reside in Nevada. I belong to the community here in Las Vegas. Come visit me if you want. I have two big couches and 2 queen beds for the sleeping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I definitely want to swing by one of these days. I hope you're ok with that.
And I love this sense of community idea. When the Arcade Fire was working on their last album, they moved into this cathedral - all the bandmates because they wanted to feel this sense of community, working with each other in an intimate setting to create and make changes. They further discussed the importance of becoming involved in the community because it provides the opportunity to interact with those with whom we might not otherwise interact (thus the importance of church, local government, PTA, etc.). Just a thought (a rather long one)!
So... I had a dream about you last night. You started a business as a chocolatier... It was soooo cool! You had this big outdoor shop, with huge chocolate cakes and chocolate covered strawberries all hand made! Maybe its your calling in life... think about it.
Maybe ill paint a sun moon and stars in my baby nursury in your honor... ha ha.
I'm going to come visit you!
YAY! I can't wait for visitors!
Jewkes-if you want me to come up and paint the kingdoms of glory, thats cool, I do commissions.
i'm gunna come visit you!! tomorrow!! I hope!!
You get the guest house all to yourself? That's awesome! Maybe we should stay with you when we come for Thanksgiving! :)
Yeah, stay with me!!! I can show you all the cool places in Vegas....that the tourists don't know. Just like you did for me in DC. :)
Post a Comment