Sunday, March 16, 2008

it's a little esoteric...

I missed the movie. It went in and out of the theaters, but I couldn't stop thinking about Persepolis, so I checked out the two books that were the basis for the movie yesterday at the library.

I couldn't be more happy.
I am in love with these books.


They are in comic book form, easy to read, very informative and entertaining, a personal/truthful narrative of the life of Marjane Satrapi, an Iranian/French girl during the Iranian revolutions.
This will hold me over until the movie comes out on DVD.

Plus, Sandra Cisneros wrote a review on the back, and you know how much I love her!!! Maybe you didn't know, but I love her a lot.

2 comments:

tic tacs and tech decks said...

I knew that you loved her! I knew! I knew! =) Sorry you missed the movie, but I sure loved hanging out with you Sat! Love ya sister.

melissa said...

I was blog browsing and found your blog on Teryn's and just wanted to say hello... I love you new haircut. Thanks for being a great teacher to Josh, he loves Spanish.

Take care, Melissa "Lee" Bergquist

jaredandmelissabergquist.blogspot.com