
Last night as I was looking at my seating assignment for my trip to Spain, I started feeling tired and claustrophobic with a sudden urge to use the bathroom, but the inability to do so freely because you have to make someone else get up each time. I am not really nervous or scared to be in a new country with people I don't know for three months, I just am dreading the airplane ride over the atlantic. It's 5 hours from Las Vegas to Philadelphia, then another 7 hours to Madrid. Right now, I am wishing I could teleport
Any advice for a long flight??

6 comments:
I was just thinking about you today and how you are about to leave for Europe! Oh my, I miss you already. Are we gonna be able to call? Or will we have to resort to that ancient technology of email?
As for the flight. Sudoku is great. Movies can be nice. Maybe you could get some other passengers to participate in Mid-Atlantic aerobics. With a little bit of imagination (and I know you have tons) I'm sure you could do a pretty good workout on a plane. I know! You could read all the Harry Potters! If you don't have time to finish them all you could probably get to the ones you haven't read. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Just be sure not to get the seat that has a black box bolted were your feet and backpack are supposed to go. I did and it was super crunchie!
I take Dramamine for long flights. It help with motion sickness and also completely knocks me out! I take one or two and then when I wake up I'm already at my destination. Maybe you actually want to enjoy the plane ride, though.
every time you get up make comments about your family history of blood clots and that your doctor recommended that you stand up and stretch your legs in order to prevent stroke or pulmonary embolus. i am sure everyone else will understand. if they start looking annoyed, clutch your chest and start wheezing, then you can say: "false alarm," once you've taught those annoyed passengers a lesson.
these are really some good ideas! wowzas! I just need to memorize those medical terms so I sound legit.
tell me about it! I flew 6 months pregnant to Uruguay and didnt have an isle seat... now that was bad. My feet were so swollen I couldnt put my shoes back on and had to walk barefoot through the guayan airport.
advice... ummm...dont get pregnant before you go...??
Post a Comment