Saturday, July 12, 2008

sin fotos...

Today I had the chance to go around Bilbao shopping and to museums. Finally! It was so fun!!! The first thing I did this morning was go to the Guggenheim. I have been wanting to go through. Unfortunately, when I got there and pulled out my camera to start the photo magic, I noticed the red battery light flashing and then, it gave up and said I had to change my battery pack....so, no pictures. Today.
After going through the Gugg, I came to the conclusion that the best art there is the building itself. Truthfully I didn't like most of the art in there. I found myself just passing by everything....
The heart of Bilbao--Casco Viejo
Then I headed over to the 'Old Quarter' or 'Casco Viejo' as it is called here. The streets are narrow, no cars allowed.
I stood right there today, luckily someone else already took this picture for me!
I was looking for this store called Union Recycling that is a 2nd hand shop. But, I found out that during the summer, stores close early on Saturday afternoon, so I will head back there some other day. Also I found out that by that store, if I wanted I could also become a hippie/Bob Marley follower. It was the funniest street, I kind of felt out of place because I wasn't wearing tye-dye and I didn't have dreads.
In Casco Viejo I went to the Basque Museum. That was very interesting to learn about the culture that is so prominent here in Northern Spain. It is such an old and intriguing history....that dates back to the Neanderthals!!!
All in all, 6 hours of walking and I am tired. Time to charge up. my ipod, my camara and my body.

No comments: