Isn't it so weird when the new world you've embraced, for example the mission or a new city and a new life, come to know parts of the old world, like your family or someone from your past. It is always tricky to place the "old" person in the new environment. Sometimes it happens that you move to a new city and see someone out of context and feel, "I know this person, but they don't belong in this context. They belong in a different world that I used to know."
Well, that's the way I feel right now, but in a very excited way. I have made my planet here in Spain. I have a whole group of new friends and family that mean a lot to me and have posed as substitutes for the ones "back in the US(s)A" (Beatles reference for you). But in less than 24 hours, my sister is coming to spend some of my vacations with me. We are going to travel around the Basque Country and then go down to Madrid and check it out.
Think how interesting it will be to join the two worlds! Me, speaking Spanish, with my new Spanish friends, with my silly Spanish personality (which is different than my English personality) and then my sister, who thought she knew all about me since I was born, plopping right down in the middle of Spain...completely out of context.
Personally, I can't wait to share this amazing experience with my old world. I am glad someone will get to see what I am living, otherwise I might go home and feel that all of this was just a dream...
my new world

8 comments:
your new world is really pretty!!
Oh, you crack me up!!! I hope it is not like the big bang or anything!! :) Have a great time! I want to see pictures and hear details. Love ya,
rachelllll i get really jealous every time i look at your blog. but i have this friend evan that served his mission in spain and his mission trainer's family lives in Bilbao and he said you should say hi to them and get to know them because theyre awesome. but yeah, maybe some new friends for you. Their name is Lizarralde. But yeah, good to see youre doing so well out there!
...And i was able to see a little part of your new world in a form a postcard! thank you so much for sending that. is there an address for me to send you something? i can't believe you have already been there so long. I know what you mean, when you see someone where it's new to you, but now yours, it's like that person shouldn't be there. hahaha you are very funny. i miss you. i love you.
<3 always,
Peedle
So much fun! It is strange though to see those worlds come together. That's why I didnt want parents to come pick me up in Uruguay. So weird... have fun!
Well, this is the first time I have been a liaison for an entire world. I hope I performed the task with reputable acumen.
one of my best friends just got home from her mission in Spain and cant stop talking about it. Im sure you have the same passion for it now. but nothings better than stinky guay right?
I completely agree and love what you wrote.
Post a Comment