Attention everyone: I am in Gorliz, Spain. Luckily we were able to set up wireless in the house of the family where I am staying, so I will be able to blog a lot! I am an au pair, if you did not know. I just met the family when I arrived here yesterday. They are very nice and this area is sooooo beautiful. I wasn't nervous at all to go across the world and stay with people I did not know, until a few seconds before exiting the plane, when I realized I could not remember what the dad looked like who was coming to pick me up....AH. When I walked out of the salida, I saw a man and woman and waved, thinking it was them, but they just ignored me, so I looked around and saw another man with a little girl who looked very familiar and that was them and they recognized me right away.
We had a 3.5 hour car ride back to Gorliz from Madrid and it was fun to conocer the country side to Basque country. In Basque country, the capital being Bilbao, they speak two languages, Spanish (Castellano) and Basque. Basque sounds really similar, but is written so differently. Quite a few times, I hear people speaking, think it is Spanish, can't understand AT ALL what they are saying, and finally realize that they are speaking Basque.
The weather is a lot like San Francisco and other coastal parts of Northern California. We live really close to the beach and go down to a plaza right near the beach a lot. It is humid, but not too hot, so it's ok!
Their house is so beautiful! I have my own bedroom and bathroom. There are no closets here, just big built-in cupboards/armoires. I think I love that. Also, did I mention that I love bidets? and also Spain. I love it.
ps: pictures coming soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Does that mean you'll be posting pictures of a bidet? CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to hear more.
I totally thought of you all Monday, and then Tuesday thought, "she's in Spain. hm." And today I am so glad to find that you get to be online a lot. I am definitly gonna have to blog more this summer.
And I'm glad you liked my green blog. I want a skooter to take to work!
that is so so so awesome! This sounds like such the coolest experience ever. You are the best ever. I miss you already but I was relieved to realize that my excitement for you outweighs my jealous feelings. =) loves sister
R, it's Carrie, I want to be traveling in Spain much more than I want to be working in Las Vegas. I'm jealous! But, I can't wait to read about all of your amazing adventures... YAY! You go girrrl.
Post a Comment