Sunday, July 06, 2008

the sabbath.

Directions: open This Page in another window and press play, then read my post.
I went to church in Bilbao today and this has been my theme song for my Spanish adventure so far. Every time I walk through the cities and countryside I turn on this for my soundtrack. It's just too bad I didn't have my ipod when I got lost trying to find the ward in Bilbao and was 'walking the old eroded streets'
Luckily, I made it just in time for sacrament meeting. I met the Branch President. He is this wonderful man from Colombia. They have a class for single adults and I already made some friends. After church, I took a little walk around the Guggenheim.
That thing is amazing. Bilbao is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been in. I contemplate never leaving...
Then I found out the Metro/subway was closed to get back to Gorliz. I still don't know why. It is a 45 min Metro ride, so walking was out of the question. Then I saw two girls from church by the Metro station and they helped me find a bus that would take me half way and then I would have to change buses to make it the rest of the way.
Many nice people helped me out along the way. This older lady that sat next to me on the first bus even called one of her friends on her cell phone to see when the buses to Gorliz pass by and where I should get off.
Now, at home finally, I will rest, like the sabbath requires.

5 comments:

tic tacs and tech decks said...

I'm sad I didn't get to hear your voice this morning, but it was still exciting to hear mom hearing you. Love you cutie. I was listening to that song on Thursday and was thinking of you. Awesome

Jamela said...

Wow, those girls are so lucky, to have the favorite aunt! I can already tell they love you, and who wouldn't??? But no, you can't stay forever! I love the pictures, it looks gorgeous! Love you and miss you.

dolly d. said...

Oh man, that does look super beautiful...I contemplate moving there and I'm only seeing pictures. Seriously, of all the places there are to live on the Earth sometimes I wonder why I was born in dirty brown Vegas! Oh well, I suppose it's time I came to terms with it.

I'm so glad you are having a wonderful time! And that you made it home alright. I certainly hope you don't get stranded every Sunday! Love you!

Jessica said...

I can't believe you are in Spain. My husband is going to be so jealous. Danielle and I were talking the other day, and you came up, so that reminded me to check your blog. Have too much fun for all of us!

Giandrea said...

you are living in a dream world, R! Fairytale for sure.